Five Steps to Setup and Use Gmail Canned Response Email Templates to Quickly Send Common Email Replies
Are you tired of typing the same email reply to a common question, over and over again? Or, do you need to send out the same introduction or welcome email frequently but don’t have an automated system to help? This is where Gmail Canned Responses can help!
Gmail canned responses are email templates that you can create, save and update within Gmail itself.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of Gmail, then choose Settings.
- Click the Labs tab, scroll down to find Canned Responses, click the Enable radio button to enable, the scroll all the way down and click Save Changes.
- Compose the email message that you’d like to use over and over again, and then click the arrow in the lower right-hand corner of the message window. Choose Canned Responses, and under the Save heading, select New Canned Response. Give your response a name and click OK.
- To respond to an email, click the reply button. Now, instead of manually typing your reply, you can select a canned response.
- Just hit send are you are done!
Google also gives you the ability to set filters and automatically reply to specific emails using your canned responses. You can read more about that feature here.